Monday, August 06, 2007

Japanese inros


An inro is a wearable box and they're one of my all time favorite things to wear because they're not only gorgeous and useful but being made from polymer clay, they're also pretty light for something so substantial. The box part is about two inches high and 1.5 inches wide...(4.5cm x 3cm). My camera broke on the weekend so these have been taken with our very old but unbreakable Sony...tomorrow it's off to the store to buy a new cam and I'll replace this pic with one where you can actually see the lovely effect that inks and transfers and gold leaf wrapped with translucent clay create. Still not happy with the way the translucent is plaquing up. I'm using premo frost and never had a problem with it before. Maybe it's the moisture in the air...

3 comments:

France said...

Your inros are beautiful Mel, well worth the trouble (well, from this end anyway!!!)... and no, it never ever happens to me, that I make mistakes and things turn wrong! hahaha! if only that were true! Though, unlike you, I have to keep my tragedies, don't know why, probably to remind myself I can do better! hehehehe!!!!!

thanks for sharing!!

Janis said...

Mel I love the inros and it's the next thing on my list to try. I am studying my Donna Kato book now.
Congratulations on all your beautiful work.
Jan

Mel said...

Thanks France and Janis...lovely to hear from you. Isn't Donna Katos book FABulous! Every technique I've ever learned from her books, vids etc over the years I use on a regualr basis. What I like about her lessons is that she's very thorough. She's truly the queen of clay!