Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Silver and polymer blended blocks


I've been meaning to try my Makins extruder with core adaptors for a while and finally did. Makes great tube beads (on the right) to which I added texture and a loop from which to hang some pretty thing. I also felt like playing around with more ideas for the the workshops I'm teaching at the Grafton Artfest in April next year. The leaf and silver earrings are finished and I'm very happy with those. We're also going to be making coloured blended plugs and adding silver overlays for pendants and earrings. I've yet to make those but this looked like such a colourful shot, I had to snap and share! Click on the pic for zoom if you're having trouble seeing the detail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

prettiessssssssss. I can't wait to see all the neato squiggles over layed on the clay.

debsx said...

Fan-friggin-tastic. Can't wait to see them when they're assembled!

This pic is giving me a pmc itch...
(do they make a cream for that?) LOL

Gorge!
debsx

Mel said...

Thanks girls.
Nope Deb, no cream for that one! Mind you, I let the pmc itch burn for a few years before I finally succumbed so I totally understand.