Thursday, June 21, 2007


oooo, this one turned out mighty fine. Been playing around with patinas. This PMC tube bead turned the most amazing rainbowy colour, dominately copper with touches of blue and green. The trick is to dip into liver of sulphur for a few seconds several times, each time dipping the bead a little less into the solution so that the colours varigate. So... some parts of the bead are subjected to more patina-ing (hehehe...um, what can I tell ya? I like to make up words),... the most time in the solution, the darker it is. I definitely want to explore this some more...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melly,
Just love your new PMC tube pendant! It is just gorgeous and I love the coppery patina on it.

Libby said...

I love that tube bead! Beautiful and funky.

Mel said...

I discovered how to reply to comments. *wink* Thanks so much for your lovely comments girls. I'm having such a lovely time with PMC these days now I've started to get some experience up, I'm making more delicate things as the clunky look you see around a lot with PMC is not to my taste.